Sunday, February 14, 2010

Etsy Sunday: Have It Sweet Confections -The Perfect Favor

Cinnamon Sugar Marshmallows

I have always wondered what a homemade marshmallow tastes like. What the difference is between those nasty, sticky blobs that come in bags at the store, and these gigantic lovely cubes. So when I saw Have It Sweet Confections on the Etsy front page, and their marshmallow sampler, I ordered it to see for myself. I must proclaim, I am completely smitten.

Marshmallow Sampler

The sampler came with Heavenly Vanilla, Double Cocoa Swirl, Lemon Meringue Pie, and Sugar Cookie marshmallows. The texture is more dense than store-bought marshmallows. They are sweet, as they should be, but have more flavor than the others. And the shape is so darn cute.

Just A Little Taste Carmel Sampler

The thing that struck me first was how prettily they were wrapped and packed. They came in the prettiest gold wax paper bags, with 4 marshmallow to a bag. I though how lovely and thoughtful they would be as favors for guests at a wedding. Maybe tied with a custom colored ribbon to match.

My Favorite - Lemon Miringue Pie Swirl

Possibly the perfect favor? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment