Friday, February 12, 2010

Chasity's Veil Emergency


Chasity contacted me last week with quite a dilemma. Her wedding is February 20th, and the dress shop where she had ordered her birdcage veil (and paid a fortune for) closed down without giving her the veil or her money back. Can you imagine? For just one moment, try to comprehend this girl's situation ....


Okay. She contacted me and I was up for the challenge of helping her in a time crunch. She sent me a picture of her dress - an absolutely gorgeous strapless dress. The skirt blows me away. The detailing is phenomenal...


She was in love with the short veil from the last post, and wanted a bit of volume on top for a very classic bride look. I used the short veil as inspiration, and designed a two-tiered veil that is about shoulder-blade length - somewhere between shoulder and elbow length. The length is perfect for her dress because it will overlap the back by a few inches creating a lovely proportion. The volume on the top is very classic, and combined with the length it has an adorable 1950's feel. It is just wide enough to create the perfect amount of poof. It is light and airy, classic vintage, and definitely not 1980's era poof pompadour. I am so pleased.


Here are a few photos Chasity took herself. Lovely as they are, I can't wait to see a few photographs from her wedding next week. I'm so excited to add this veil to my spring line.

Congratulations, Chasity! It was lovely to work with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment