Sunday, July 5, 2009

Nancy's Mantilla Veil

We all love real weddings. And, as an etsy crafts-person, I love the creative process. Part of what I would like to do on this blog is share my creative process with you. I've been emailing with Nancy, a bride in San Luis Obispo, California, Who has a gorgeous wedding planned in September. Her colors are eggplant, gold, and ivory, and she's getting married in a lovely Spanish Mission. Nancy told me she like elbow length veils. She had tried on several in the bridal shop, and found them flattering with the dress style.

After seeing the dress....


A lovely antique gold mermaid gown with a gorgeous French Alencon lace panel circling the waist...


...I recommended two styles of veils. The first is a drop veil. The drop veil is a large circle of tulle with no gathers. It is elegant and looks amazing when draped over the face.




But ultimately Nancy chose my second recommendation: The Mantilla veil. The mantilla is Spanish in origin, and was so appropriate for her ceremony in the Spanish mission. The trademarks of the mantilla are the extravagant lace trim border, it has no gathers, and is attached at the crown of the head. It will look gorgeous with her dress, and is perfect for her venue.


We loved this embellishment with the flower underneath the veil. She will be able to wear the flower during her reception without the veil getting in her way.


We stayed with Nancy's original hope for an elbow length veil, like this one pictured. I think it will be perfect.


The lace is absolutely beautiful. It is an elegant rose scallop trim. It will have the perfect drape and add a nice amount of weight to the veil. It is floral without being too cutesy, and is ivory French Alencon to match the panel on the waist of her dress.


I'm so excited to do this veil for Nancy. I know she is going to have incredible photographs, and I can't wait to post some in the Fall. In the mean time, I will post pictures of her veil up close as it gets finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment